Types Band Cable Chain
More types Plastic chain
Band Cable Chain characteristics
SHINSUNG drag chains with plastic chain bands can be used whenever the cables/hoses are light, the travel is small and the operating environment permits the use of plastics. SHINSUNG drag chains are not only used for guiding cables, but also hoses which may be carrying different conveyants and may be laid side by side. SHINSUNG plastic drag chains have been in service for many years and are used to supply robots, machine tools, computerised handling systems and measuring devices.ring devices.
The drag chains consist of two or more plastic chain bands which run parallel and are connected at intervals by stays. The stays, which are available in several types, support the cables/hoses in holes or openings. The chain bands are constructed in such a way that when they are travelling in the normal direction of operation they do not exceed a certain minimum bending it is very simple to connect the drag chain to moving equipment.
Advantages of the SHINSUNG drag chains with plastic chain bands.
- Wear on cables/hoses is eliminated
- Light in weight – Because the SHINSUNG drag chain with plastic chain bands are so light in weight, they are ideal for high travel speeds even where the length of travel is great.
- Easily installed – cables/hoses can be readily installed without disconnection.
- Corrosion free
- No maintenance
- Deliveries ex stock for standard components.
- Pleasing appearance
- Competitively priced
SHINSUNG moulded plastic drag chains are protected by international patents and trademarks and conform with safety standard requirements.
To specify a SHINSUNG moulded plastic cable drag chain please provide the following information:
- Number and outside diameter of the cable/hoses to be installed(with/without end fittings)
- Weight of all cables and hoses (including hose contents)
- Mini. bending radius of cable/hoses (acc.to manufacturer’s specification)
- Length of travel of movable unit.
- Maximum acceleration/deceleration – Speed of travel
- Frequency of travel – Available mounting width
- Type of application drawing if possible
- Working environment temperature,humidity, radiation, etc.
point and driven end. If the cross section of a stay in the drag chain is too small because of the maximum stay width permissible, the cables/hoses must be split into several stays.
Depending on the space available, it is easy to use two or more chains, running inside each other or in opposite directions.
Installing the Chain
The static fixed point of the drag chain should be in the centre of the travel length. This ensures the shortest possible length of chain and cable between the fixed and moving points. Plastic connecting brackets are fixed to the ends of the chain with countersunk heed screws.
An even support surface is necessary to ensure correct operation of the SHINSUNG drag chain. If this is not available, then a support tray can be supplied. The trays, which are made from zinc coated steel, are supplied in standard lengths of 3000mm, Special designs on request.
Steel Band Cover
In order to protect the cables/hoses, the drag chains can be covered inside and out by a flat cover strip in high quality spring steel. The steel band is guided through insertable holders inside the drag chain.The steel bands are fixed to the connecting brackets by holders at the fixed point and driven end.